I was recently tagged (or “challenged” as the swedish bloggers put it) by three different blogmates about three different subjects.
I’ll try to be fair so I’ll do each one on a “first come, first served” basis within this week or the coming weeks. But my dear blogmates, please don’t get the impression that I’ll do every single “challenge” or meme (as it is also known in the blogosphere) that comes my way. Tags can be quite fun to do but sometimes it can be too much.
Anyway without much further ado here is the first one courtesy of the lacquered-corsette-wearing Sousafone.
This tag is named Seven Pictures.
Some pictures of my work:
1. The Rock (chinese ink on japanese paper which I bought from MUJI)
2. My take on Leonardo’s self-portrait (pencil on sketch pad)
Some photographs I took:
3. Clock in Musée d’Orsay in Paris (Summer 2005)
4. The Siesta by van Gogh in Orsay. Yes, it is ok to take photos of paintings in this museum as long as you don’t use your camera flash. I have great affinity for this painting as it reminds me of my grandfather’s place where I spent many summers as a child.
5. A picture at the backside of my grandfather’s place. This is a small fishpond surrounded by ricefields. Taken two years ago, around December when I visited home. My happiest place ever!
6. Here is a picture of a typical Swedish summer house. This belongs to a friend’s parents where we celebrated this year’s Midsummer Eve somewhere in the outskirts of Göteborg. To my non-swedish readers, midsummer is the time of the year when the day is longest, that is almost daylight until very late at night. Celebration consists of drinking lots of booze, eating lots of seafoods, sex orgies and imitating small frogs dancing around a pole wrapped in leaves, grasses and summer wildflowers. (ok, just kidding about the sex orgy part! hahaha!)
And finally, here is a picture of what I’m working with, which someday will give me a Nobel Prize! LOL!
7. This is some kind of a molecular machine without which no living cell will survive.
I’m suppose to pass this to seven individuals so once again, unless anyone is interested in doing this tag, I’m passing this tag to my ever loyal dwarf friends.
Hope you enjoyed my Seven Pictures!